The California Inclusion and Behavior Consultation (CIBC) Network is a professional development project funded by the Early Education and Support Division (EESD) of the California Department of Education (CDE) and is coordinated by the WestEd Center for Prevention and Early Intervention. The CIBC Network is designed to deliver technical support to early care and education programs.
A network of experienced, local consultants provides on-site consultation to build the capacity of program staff to respond effectively to children with special needs or challenging behaviors. Consultants have knowledge of relationship-based practices and community resources and are skilled in problem-solving issues around inclusion and challenging behaviors.
Consultants meet with staff, observe the environment, facilitate reflective practice conversations, collaborate on the development of an action plan for the teacher or provider, and support implementation of those plans.
CIBC serves the following programs throughout California:
- Center-based early care and education programs that contract with CDE-EESD;
- Center-based early care and education programs that participate in their local quality rating and improvement system (CA-QRIS);
- Family child care programs that participate in a Family Child Care Home Education Network (FCCHEN);
- Family child care programs that contract with CDE-EESD; and
- Family child care programs that participate in their local QRIS.
Center-based program administrators and teaching staff may submit requests for technical assistance online. Family child care providers and agency staff supporting family child care programs may submit technical assistance requests online or via the CIBC phone line: 1(877) 524-2422. Once a TA request is received, CIBC staff will contact the requesting party to discuss their needs.